Subject: FLASH: Any Flash 3D Gurus In Here??????
From: pete clark
Date: Wed, 16 Dec 1998 08:49:07 GMT

Ok flashers, I've been feeling kinda brave and decided to venture into 3D
Flash land. It's not fun. Has anyone here had any luck with it?? I think
I've gotten pretty far, the URL I'm posting below LOOKS good but it's a bit
of a clunker at 75K for a very simple file. So what I need to know is if
anybody has any good tips for cutting down the file size?

http://www.noramdigitalmedia.com/n2/3dnsample.htm

More specifically, here's what happens... I model the animation in Adobe
Dimensions 3.0 and export it as a series of AI files. I then import the
sequence (in this case, 36 frames) into a movie clip. Then Flash breaks
apart every frame into various chunks and turns them into symbols. I end up
with about 250 symbols from a 36 frame animation! I heard that the solution
is to break up as far as possible each frame yourself and create your own
symbols and discard the Flash generated ones. The problem is that once you
break it past a certain point the gradients disappear. This really ruins
the effect of the 3D.

If anyone has some good input, let me know!

pete clark
noram digital media :: a new media firm

peteatnoramdigitalmedia [dot] com
http://www.noramdigitalmedia.com