Subject: Re: FLASH: Just a comment
From: John Croteau
Date: Tue, 22 Dec 1998 12:03:56 GMT

Hi Jason,

> I, for one, have become more of a lurker due to a lack of replies to
> the (few) postings I have dared make (count yourself very much
> excluded from this jibe Marc :-))

The Flasher List is an amazing source of information. This List provides
more expert and accurate information than any other Flash forum. We have
few people who feel the need to answer questions just because they are
asked. In general the posters on this List do not chime in unless they
think they can help.

I want to thank Sam for his time and energy in getting faster List Mail
service for us. This prevents many mutiple nearly identical answers to
the same question. This has made things much better for us since we can
see whether or not someone has posted an answer a question yet.

If you have a question that is not answered or is not answered well
enough to solve your problem, try re-submitting the question but supply
more details or state the problem in a different way. Also review other
posts, I for one tend not answer the same basic question if it appears
twice in the same week. I have answered many of the same questions
dozens of times, in some cases the answer remains the same but in other
cases we have learned new details and answer them better as time goes
by.

Remember this is a free peer to peer resource, it is not run by
Macromedia though many MM people are participants here. People answer
when they have the time and think they can contribute. We invite
everyone to respond to questions when you know the answer to or can
point to a place where the answer is provided such as MM or the Flash
Tech Resource.

> I can only thank the list for the help it has unintentionally provided
> me with.
We are happy that we could help even if you think it was unintentional.

> Imagelnkataol [dot] com wrote:
> Has anyone else on the list noticed that the number of posts
> has gone down. I
> dont know if it has or not, they might just be getting
> spaced out, but it
> seems the same people always are the ones posting or asking
> the questiions.
On weekends and holidays things slow down on the List.
The primary people answering questions varies over the long haul based
on who has more time. I try to pitch in when others seem to be busy or I
think I can add a little more to an answer.

Merry Christmas everyone,
and Happy new Year (1999 will be the best year ever for Flash.)

Need a PC ? -- Computer King --
http://www.crownmall.com/computers/