Subject: Re: FLASH: Help! (Music On/Off)
From: Marc Hoffman
Date: Tue, 22 Dec 1998 20:45:43 GMT

At 06:27 PM 12/19/98 +0000, you wrote:
>Flashers,
>
>I'm having a bit of a problem with a sound on/off button ...
>
>I'm using the sync method for sound on/off, and its within its own movie
>clip (with goto next/pervious frame).

Donna,
I'm not clear what you have here, however it's important to know that movie
clips are reset anytime they disappear and reappear from the timeline.
Keeping the clip present the whole time (in its own layer is a good idea)
or putting it in a movie on another level will eliminate this problem. Not
sure why you're using sync rather than event for the sound. Use event when
tight synchronization between graphics and sound is not an issue -- event
will cost you less overhead as it is loaded only once.

Marc Hoffman