Subject: Re: FLASH: problem with load movie
From: mingo
Date: Wed, 23 Dec 1998 02:55:18 GMT

Hi,

>> There's another weird point, the load movies works on IE3.02 but not
>> Netscape4.02
>> Cannot be I think, cos if I type the url of the swf file i.e e.g.
>> http://www.abc.com/main.swf, it works perfectly ok !
>> >3) MIME.
>
> Anytime something works on IE Win and not in Netscape check and verify
>the MIME!!!!!!!
>There is no reason to think it is OK check it, it is simple and you
>should be able to get a positive Yes or No.
>http://www.FlashCentral.com/Tech/Index.htm#Server
>Remember to wait for the file to load completely before checking it.

Sorry for any mis-understanding..I didn't presume that MIME is set on my
server, already tested with the test page that John has created and checked
the page info before I encounter this load movie problem. From this I can
confirm that the MIME is set.

>> >1) Stop action in Frame one.
>> I have a stop action in main movie at the point when load movie action is
>> performed and
>> a stop action in the start of submovies.
>If the Load Movie has a stop action in Frame one it will generally stop
>there.

I have removed the stop action and place a goto loop to the 1st frame
instead, and
this time it works ! Don't know why..its kindof weird cos all graphics that
I placed
in 1st frame were still-graphic, why some display some don't if a stop
action is inserted.

I have another query...I noticed that after I uploaded the newer version of
swf to
web, the web page didn't play the latest version movie even if I clicked
the reload button,
instead the movie was played from cache, I need to clear all the cache from
the preference menu, then it played the latest version. Is this normal ??

Thank you guys for brain storming ! Hope to show off my new flash site soon :>

adios,
mingo

>----------- -----------------------
>John Croteau croteauaterols [dot] com (mailto:croteauaterols [dot] com)
>------------- -------------------------
>FlashTek (Advanced Websites with Flash) http://www.FlashTek.com/
>Flash Central(The Universe Starts Here) http://www.FlashCentral.com/
>The Flash Tech Resource (Tech Notes) http://www.FlashCentral.com/tech/