Subject: RE: FLASH: Loading
From: Martin Reed
Date: Sun, 7 Feb 1999 23:31:30 GMT

Hi Martin,

You basically need to replace your VIRTUAL load time with an ACTUAL load time, using the IF_FRAME_IS_LOADED command. Using this, you can tell the movie to halt at a point until all (or everything up to a certain frame/scene) of your swf file has downloaded. If you're running the file from your harddrive, there won't be any download time, and therefore no delays!

For a decent tutorial, go to . . .

http://www.macromedia.com/support/flash/

and search on if frame is loaded and select the article called "How to Create Movies That Download Before Playing

Martin.