Subject: RE: FLASH: FLASH GIF transparency
From: Jose Savio Ponte
Date: Mon, 8 Feb 1999 14:28:09 GMT

Title: RE: FLASH: FLASH GIF transparency

Flash can recognize transparency in a GIF as well, since you have the index option equals 0 (zero) for the transparent color. Depending the software you use, you can find this option at Global Information of your animated GIF.

(ULead Gif Animator, MS Gif Animator and GIF Construction Set have this option)

Sávio - Web Designer - savioatcompugraf [dot] com [dot] br (mailto:savioatcompugraf [dot] com [dot] br)
2B - Internet Comics - Flash and Animation Comics
http://www.2b.com.br
Cumé que bicho faz - Ziraldo (Flash Cartoon for kids)
http://www.todaba.com.br/tudo.html
Noites do Terror - Flash Game
http://www.todaba.com.br/jogo_noites.html

> My question is this:  Whenever I make a transparent GIF in
> Photoshop 4 or
> 5, it always comes up in Flash with a black background instead of a
> transparency.
> When I open the file up in Fireworks, it is definitely a
> transparent GIF.

Try .PNG. AFAIK it's the only file format flash takes for transparency.

Malte Köhrer
--
www.koehrer.de