Subject: FLASH: Flash3 bug?
From: David Gary
Date: Tue, 9 Feb 1999 07:01:35 GMT

hiya FLashers,

Has anyone else been having problems with imported BMPs and then breaking up and
resizing. I've imported
an offset BMP to use for a tiled background, set to "lossless, then broket apart
and scaled up a few degrees and then tiled.
It looked fine to begin with and kept the file size down while giving me a
quality image, however after a few exports the
background took a dump and started giving me wacked floresent colors, like it
was loosing data. It did the same in my browser. It started out looking great. I
copied and pasted frames to avoid corupt file, but seems once the bmp takes a
crap, thats it!

Has anyone else had this happen? Reimport or update doesnt do anything, even if
I change the file name. Its not
secure enough to use and it makes me more uncomfortable when using Flash for
professional web work. I dont mind
browser issues, but when its a "Flash" problem, things get a little more dicey.
Is this a "bug"?

-DG-