Subject: Re: FLASH: Javascript detection script
From: Colin Moock
Date: Tue, 9 Feb 1999 19:13:12 GMT

flasheratshocker [dot] com,Internet writes:
>Hi,

>>>javascript can detect both the browser and plugin type, but not on all
>>browser/os combinations.<<

>primarily which ones are detection scripts known not to work on, please?

generally, IE (any version) does not support javascript detection. it does,
however, do auto-install in some cases, and i think supports some VB Script
activex detection (more on that at MM's site--search the technotes). detecting
IE on mac is particularly problematic. visit my site for a more thorough
description of the problems and possible workarounds.

also, any browser that has had javascript manually disabled will not perform
the javascript detection. your script should be able to handle those users.
again, more info at my site...