Subject: Re: FLASH: Projector crashes
From: Marc Hoffman
Date: Tue, 9 Feb 1999 20:13:37 GMT

I notice this question hasn't elicited a response. I'm not sure what is
causing the problem. You might want to export the .swf using a different
sound compression setting and see if that fixes it. Also, what is the
sample rate and bit depth of the original sound? Try reducing it to 22kHz,
8-bit and see if the problem persists. I'm imagining it could also have to
do with your sound card or your sound player program. Sorry this is a shot
in the dark.

-Marc

At 11:17 PM 2/7/99 -0500, you wrote:
>I´ve created a standalone projector with 40 seconds of streamed sound.
>It crashes on any standard Pentium (133 Mhz). When I run it on my own
>(200 Mhz, 64 RAM) it runs ok sometimes, and other times it crashes. I´ve
>tried runing it with a lot and with little available memory, and it
>seems that is not the problem. Sometimes it crashes when there are no
>other programs running, and othertimes it runs ok with five other
>programs running !!!. I suppose the problem is music, because it runs OK
>without it. ¿Anyone has had this kind of problem? ¿Should I suppose long
>streamed animations are a bad idea for processors under 200 mhz?

Marc Hoffman