Subject: FLASH: browser sensing
From: Bob Schwartz
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 1999 04:22:05 GMT

Hi,

I have read here that IE will not work with javascript code to detect
Flash3.....and under the assumption that this is the case, I am curious as
to why some sites using flash still have js to detect the plug-in in
netscape..while offering the "if you see this you have flash" kind of
opening page for, presumably, IE users.

why not just avoid the javascript entirely and use the same validating
method for both NS and IE?

thanks.

bob