Subject: Re: FLASH: 3d vector art
From: Erik [gearik] Mattheis
Date: Fri, 12 Feb 1999 08:13:15 GMT

Actually the angle of rotation on that one is either apporox. 8 or -8
degrees on each axis, as it takes 46 frames to rotate 360 degrees.

The easiest way to do it is to let it calculate the degrees of rotation
itself ...

Select the object, then under "Operations" select "Generate Sequence," then
you just follow the instructions in the dialog boxes (export as "Adobe
Illustrator" sequence, of course).

You'll and up with all the frames named with suffixes like 00001, 00002,
etc, so you can import them in one fell swoop.

>>...Maybe I should let up on my defense of Dimensions, but I feel
>>compelled to say that I created http://www.gourmandizer.com/flash/3d/ (46
>>frames) in 2-3 hours after launching Dimensions the first time.

>I just now made a very short movie (about six frames) of a rotated cube from
>Dimensions and copied into Flash, frame by frame, using an angle of minus
>five degrees on the Y-axis for rotation. I think that figure was a little
>large, the action is not as smooth as yours. I didn't try any lighting on
>the cube, did you apply your shading in Flash? Did you copy wire frames
>to make your Flash movie? Did you copy and paste at all or export your cube
>files as AI?
>
>Ashley Vail
Erik [gearik] Mattheis
head honcho