Subject: Re: FLASH: Beta site
From: Jayma
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 1999 09:16:15 GMT

As far as I have heard, Shockwave/Flash does not drop frames. You may have a lag in play, but no dropped frames, as in QT or RealAudio. (If I am wrong, please correct). Personally, I would much prefer a clean play then a "jagged-aliased version that looks bad and plays a little faster". Solution may be to put an ifFrameLoaded, waiting unti the middle of your movie, or at least past the loading of the music.