Subject: Re: FLASH: Survey - Should Flash 5 use a browser-based help system?
From: Shaun Brazier
Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2000 14:09:45 GMT

3 - The survey =======
Please answer the 4 questions below and send the results to me at
mmaffieaterols [dot] com.

1. Put an X before the response that best describes your position
about browser-based Help in Flash.

__X_ a. I would like Macromedia to continue using the current
browser-based help in Flash

3. Please add your own comments about whether browser-based help is a good
idea for future Flash releases:
Apart from basing it on the fact that I can't get my intelli-mouse to scroll
in the standard help file, (which I find very frustrating but doubt very
much that this will be a major discision factor!) I am just altogether more
comfortable in the browser environment. I find it easier to read, more
pleasing to the eye and easier of handier to navigate. I don't however like
the fact that the browser takes so long to wake up on a morning, makes the
whole system a bit more unstable and messes up the browsing capabilities of
other apps. As for opening a preview in Dreamweaver main frame, I don't
think this has ever happened to me personaly. I have on occasions, found
myself screaming blue murder at IE but with that said, my spirits still drop
when the help file is the bog standard, such as in Free Hand.

flasher is generously supported by...