Subject: FLASH: Shouldn't this be real easy?
From: Judith A. Jewer
Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2000 22:09:50 GMT

Hey flash heads

I'm really embarrassed to ask this - I've been scouring flash tutorials and trying to figure out what is
going on... yet I have not found a tutorial that deals with such a basic thing. I'm trying to do a REAL
simple button action - I mean this is so basic, yet it is stumping me. The frustrating thing is that I'm
doing exactly what the manual says to do and it is not working and I do not know why.

All I want to do is get my buttons to go to a URL upon mouseEvent release. I am double clicking the
instance of the button on the stage. The Instance Properties box comes up and I add an action - on
mouseEvent - choosing release. Then I add another action - get URL and put my URL in the box at the
side. I say OK. I export the movie - replacing the old one. The movie is already set up in an html page
so I re-load the page (not from the cache) And it does not work. I click on the button in the browser
and nothing happens.

Except oddly enough the very bottom "CONTACT" seems to work?... weird!

I'm trying to solve this with the scientific method, seeking all sorts of other ways to get it to work
and nada. Other methods under consideration include: throwing a tantrum, putting it off until tomorrow,
binging on dark chocolate, whinning, pouting, vacationing in Flordia, getting a manicure....

Will be very grateful for a method that works...

Site beta with non-functional flash buttons (except the 'contact' button) can be found at:
http://www.interlog.com/~judithj/vermeulens/

Best regards, and TIA - Judith

--
Muse on Design - Web/Print Graphics
Judith A. Jewer R.G.D. judithjatmuseon [dot] com (mailto:judithjatmuseon [dot] com)

flasher is generously supported by...