Subject: Re: FLASH: A team-based approach to multimedia education [Tom Greene]
From: Paul Kilgour
Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2000 16:02:16 GMT

Clo,

Working in teams has to be the best method of learning anything like this.
After all, when students go out into the big wide world isn't that what
their employer is going to be asking them to do?

Aside from the skills that you need to aquire to produce a finished piece of
work in Flash, Director etc. you need to be able to sit down and rationally
discuss exactly what it is that is required before you go diving headfirst
in. It's the diving headfirst in approach which normally produces the wrong
result, and in my experience this normally comes from people working solo.
(I'm sure their is a lot of present company to be excepted here!:-)

Other very valuable things that working in a team teach are the power of
delegation, learning to work with other peoples limitations, and either
working as a leader, or working under someone else. Very often that someone
else maybe 10 years younger than you - very common now in real life. And
something worth learning to deal with.

Anyway, that was my 2 kroners worth.

Paul.

--
"The people in the Navy look on motherhood as being compatible with being a
woman." -Rear Admiral James R. Hogg