Subject: RE: FLASH: No more demo FLAs
From: Merrill, Bob
Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2000 20:43:20 GMT

The key here is understanding and playing fair. If a prospective employer
gave you a blank sheet of paper and described what events they wanted to
happen, could you code it? If not, and you had to ask for help or plug in
values from someone else's code then you should credit them. It doesn't have
to be in all caps on the first page of your project. We all take pride in
what we do and want to look smart in front of co-workers and our boss.
Sometimes the temptation to look smarter than we are is inviting and easy.
Grab a few lines of code, sign your name to it and wha la, you're a
programmer. It's just a fact that not everyone will play fair. Accept it.
Take solace in the fact that once you learn how to do this, the knowledge
will be yours.

The fable:
Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach a man to fish and he will
sit in his boat all day and drink beer! Well ok... you know what I mean.
BobMerrill

flasher is generously supported by...