Subject: Re: FLASH: Loading Multiple Movies
From: Alex Beckett
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2000 20:53:42 GMT

Hi Cheri
I actually solved this problem yesterday (wednesday) afternoon. I originally
posted it yesterday morning, but it didn't come through on the list until
today for some reason... Anyways, the MIME was set properly, that wasn't the
problem. The problem was the way I had it set up. I originally had the
preloader in the first of the 4 movies that would play in sequence. That
apparently is what was giving me the problem. I took the preloader out and
put it in it's own separate movie, and it worked fine! Go figure?
Thanks anyways,
alex

> ------------------------------
>
> Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2000 11:38:23 -0800
> From: "Cheri Harder" <chericaathome [dot] com>
> Subject: Re: FLASH: Loading Multiple Movies
>
> Alex - could it be that the MIME isn't set on the server you're testing it
> on? That will produce inconsistencies, I've been told, and it does seem
> like Netscape is more finicky...
>
> ~~~~Cheri Harder~~~~~
> charderatawsolution [dot] com
> Advantage Web Solution
> "Developing your internet storefront"
> www.awsolution.com

Internet
> Explorer, it worked perfectly for me, but two of my co-workers experienced
> problems loading and viewing. Unfortunatly I can't post the URL because of
> NDA. I'm just wondering if anyone else has had similar problems? Does the
> Netscape plug-in have some kind of l!
> > imitation for multiple pre-loading?
> > As far as I can tell, this should work fine, and it did on my machine,
so
> that shows that the logic is right (it's really not very complicated). I
> just don't know what else to try and the deadline is quickly
approaching...
> Any input is greatly appreciated.
> >
> > TIA
> > alex beckett