Subject: Re: [flasher] flash+IE5+mac
From: Ken Lanxner
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2001 01:41:08 -0000

On 2/15/01 at 12:44 PM, Jerome Cordiez <jerome_cordiezathotmail [dot] com>
wrote:

> I've seen this subject treated before many times, but I haven't found
> any information on one particular problem, concerning ie5 on mac: when
> i put multiple swf's on one single html page, they tend to
> appear-disappear, appear back when you move the scrollbar or rollover
> them... I've searched through macromedia's technotes and helen
> triolo's faq (great stuff, thanks a lot;-), but the only infos I found
> were mentionning "speed" problems like processor switching on G4s, or
> framesizing ...Does this issue have something to do with these, or is
> there something else i should know? thank you very much in advance for
> your attention,

I don't have an answer, but perhaps the problem can be attacked by a
process of elimination. I made a very simple page with one table and 5
small movies in various cells, plus some other content as filler (some
text, a few images). I could not duplicate your experience with IE5/Mac.
The movies all played just fine whether mousing-over or resizing the
page or scrolling.

So now the question is, what else is on your page that may be making the
difference?

Sorry that this is all the help I can provide.

Ken

http://www.thirdlives.com
ThirdLives Web Design

http://simplelives.com