Subject: RE: [flasher] fullscreen w/o changing stage size
From: Rowan Summers
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2001 01:23:47 -0000

The simplest answer is - you can't. (I'm assuming that you mean for
this to play within a browser.)

<lecture>
If you want your movie to be full screen, you must know what screen res
the viewer is using. You can offer a viewing recommendation (best
viewed as 800x600, etc.) but this cannot be enforced.
(Possible work around would be to create a Director projector to launch
the flash anim. The director projector can be set to a specific screen
resolution, and can set the viewers monitor to the right screen res
using buddy api). This approach will not work for use with a browser!

The only solution you've got is to set the HTML properties to exact fit
(publish settings -> HTML tab -> scale = exact fit). If you also make
your Flash alignment = (Horiz) Center / (Vert) Center, then the movie
will always be in the center of the screen.

If you use the scale = Default(show all) the movie will play at the best
fit for the browser window area. But this can be any size.

Lastly, if you want the movie to play at the best resolution, try having
the movie play out of a popup window with no toolbars and set to the
exact size of your movie.

</lecture>

sorry dude, (back to the drawing board)

Ro1