Subject: Re: FLASH: Flash 3.0 training
From: Kenneth C. Sherwood
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 1999 22:35:47 GMT

Eric Scott wrote:

> Part 1.1 Type: Plain Text (text/plain)
> Encoding: quoted-printable

Oops, the dreaded HTML post rears its ugly head again.

Eric said:

-----

Hi all,
I am relatively new to the list and new to Flash. I haven't posted to
the list before because we don't use Flash much in our work (Multimedia
Training delivered via CD), and I know very little about using Flash on
the Web. However, we are going to start creating and delivering more
web based training and we would like to use Flash a great deal more.
What I need are recommendations for training workshops or seminars in
Flash 3 that can be held at our location. I have checked MM's website,
and the majority of offerings there were not what we really need. Our
team knows the basics of Flash, we need training to use tell
target/movie clips, javascripting with FS Commands, and optimizing for
web delivery. I don't really want to pay for a 2 or 3 day course where
the first half of it is an introduction to using Flash. Any suggestions
would be appreciated.

-----

First suggestion, don't post in HTML.

Secondly, I expect that you could negotiate pricing with someone
offering a 2-3 day training. If, for example, the first day is intro
stuff that you guys have mastered, and you can easily demonstrate that
(via a Flash file or two on disk), I'll bet *someone* out there would
let you attend the 2-3 day course for an appropriately discounted fee,
say 30-40 per cent off.

Our keyword for the day is "negotiate".

HTH.

Ken Sherwood