Subject: Re: FLASH: users without flash
From: WebFeat: Gavin Frayne
Date: Fri, 15 Jan 1999 19:42:58 GMT

sue wrote:
>Aftershock should specify the alternate gif. if it's not working, from
what
>I understand it might be a case of doing the Aftershock code again just in
>case it's come out glitchy.

well, I tried that and it didn't help. Can you specify another .gif by
simply pointing the img src somewhere else? I tried this but it doesn't
work - confusing.....

>It sounds like plug-in detect has failed, if it's bringing up an image
first
>and then going to nothing.

I know the PC doesn't have the plugin, and I want it to show the alternate
image - but it doesn't - that's my whole problem here. But instead of
showing the image, it shows a blank area (not even a broken link image)

>If it's slow this could be a streaming issue. you don't have everything
>loaded into the first frame of your movie do you, as that would slow it
down
>a lot? (sorry, is that an awful question?) - also look at your fps

no, it's not the anim that's slow - it's the time it takes to discover that
there is no .gif present to load. And I'm doing this locally, so there
shouldn't be speed issues.

>hope this helps a little until you get a guru calling!

Thanks
Gavin