Subject: Re: FLASH: The GIF-quality?
From: Brad Bechtel
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 1999 17:11:06 GMT

When I generate "replacement-gifs" with Aftershock, their quality don´t get very high.

http://home.swipnet.se/lena_b/ideintro.gif

The "original-swf" looks like this:

http://home.swipnet.se/lena_b/ideintro.html

Lena,

What you're seeing appears to me as if the image is dithering (converting your multiple color image down to the 256 colors that a GIF file supports). You should experiment with the Aftershock options for creating GIF files, selecting or deselecting the Transparent, Dither, Smooth and Interlace options to see which ones give you the best GIF in your opinion.

Be aware that a 256 color GIF will not necessarily appear the same as your Flash file will when you are running your display in a color depth greater than 256 colors.

Brad
Flash QA
------------------------------------------------------------------------ To UNSUBSCRIBE send: unsubscribe flasher in the body of an email to list-manageratshocker [dot] com. Problems to: owneratshocker [dot] com N.B. Email address must be the same as the one you used to subscribe. For info on digest mode send: info flasher to list-manageratshocker [dot] com