Subject: Re: FLASH: Re: FLASH making symbols
From: Byron Canfield
Date: Sat, 23 Jan 1999 18:36:12 GMT

If you are copying the elements from the symbol editing area and pasting
them onto the main stage, you are, indeed, working just with graphics, not
with symbols. To properly deploy the symbols so that you can modify the
instance, close the symbol editing window, open the library (if not already
open -- Ctrl+L), find the symbol name in the list, and drag the symbol from
the Library thumnail window to the stage.