Subject: Re: FLASH: Flash: unload movie
From: Susie Hinchliffe
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 1999 21:05:35 GMT

>I would drop the tell targets and
>just load movie and Im not even sure I would load a movie from a button
>directly. This may however be fine, just never done it. I have only
>loaded movies at frames in the tl. I have tell targeted goto frames that
>then loaded movies but not the aforementioned.

There are four separate movies, so they kind of have to come from buttons: i
could perhaps have done these with movie clips, but a) they're all
reasonably large, and b) i read in the manual i think that individual .swfs
were more efficient to stream....got a sneaking suspicion that thought'll
get shot down very fast - ?, but that was the reasoning.

The buttons have MC instances placed on them...that's why i'm using tell
target - anyway, it does work fine.

>Also I cant think of a reason why someone would want to unload level0.
>That is your parent movie and if you unload it I would think any other
>levels would somewhat lose their reletivity.??

mmm, yes, that's a very good point - crash and burn...!
The reason for imagining it might be a good idea is that the buttons from
level0 are tracing through into levels above that - this is probably
something very simple - is it a parking thing? ah..i've got a stop action at
the end of each movie, but not for each button - could that be it?