Subject: Re: FLASH: CD sound to aif on Mac Platform [OT]
From: Frederico
Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2000 19:06:11 GMT

On 1/7/00 10:51 AM, . . via wownflutterathotmail [dot] com, said:

>It won't let me open the audio track file from the cd.
>Its choices seem to be limited to URL and movie.

Sounds like you're only accessing the 'Enahanced Partition' of the CD.

(sidebar: many of todays CDs are "enhanced", i.e., they include QT
videos, html docs, photos and other gimmes that cannot exist in the same
partition that holds the audio files. On the Mac, each partition is
mounted separately, but newer versions of the CD/DVD driver in
combination with other extents will attempt to "hide" the audio volume
from the Desktop, while still making it accessible via the CD Player.
Speculation is, in part, that this is a weak attempt to also reduce
piracy, but, no matter.)

Make sure the name of the volume you are attempting to access via QT is
named 'Audio CD x' (where 'x' is a number), and not the titled portion of
the enhanced volume (e.g., Audio CD 1 and Squirrel Nut Zippers), locate
the track number you desire, and press 'Convert'.

If this fails, just access the 'Audio CD x' volume directly on the
Desktop, locate the track number you desire, and drag it to any volume on
your HDD, where you can repeat the process from QT. If this volume does
not appear, use CD Player to verify the volume is being mounted. If not,
you have extention conflicts or missing drivers. Reset to Mac OS All and
Restart.

Any further inquiries on this subject not related to Flash should either
be addressed to the Tech Exchange Forum
<http://discuss.info.apple.com/boards/powermac.nsf/by+Topic?Openview> or
directly to myself or another member.

HTH

Frederico

~Apple *is* Design.~

-- Rob Burgess CEO Macromedia 5 January 2000

Think OS X -- Summer 2000

flasher is generously supported by...