Subject: Re: FLASH: Clients and Flash 4 Player Download!!!
From: Karin Merx & Harry Druijf
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2000 07:22:21 GMT

On 19 Jan 00, at 21:56, Edward Todd wrote:

> >The VP asked me for some sample websites I designed, so of course I
> >referred her to my home page first.
>
> I would never send anyone to a flash, or any other plugin required
> site first. Send them a list of the more basic, yet classy designed
> sites first. Then farther down the list you send them, title a section
> of sites as being more interactive, plug-ins required.
>
> Edward
Yes I agree and also have a html version of your site too. And what
I did was specify the different places where you can download the
flash4 plugin, win IE, win Netscape, Mac Netscape, Alternate. So
people can make their choice on OS and browser type. Then there is
also the problem with Mac and IE so if you have built a site with
flash and used 'load movie' their machine will freece. But not with
flash used as parts I mean without the load movie action. I
experienced in my surroundings that you have to bring the people who
visit and have to download directly to the place where they can
dowload otherwise they simply don't do it or they are affraid they
have to pay and so on. Even when the client is big, it will not say
that they have the experience with internet as you have. Make it easy
for them and help them to get experienced bit by bit.

regards
Karin

Beeldendekunst, grafisch ontwerp, webontwerp
Art, Graphic Design, Webdesign
Karin Merx & Harry Druijf
http://www.xs4all.nl/~merx
[our site is FLASH4....check it out!]
[New Organsite with FLASH4 at...http://www.xs4all.nl/~jcrossum
just updated with some very nice music fragments]

flasher is generously supported by...