Subject: RE: FLASH: John C's Book
From: Kevin Jackson
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2000 16:29:18 GMT

Michael Weldon said
I'm well beyond sheepish at this point! I'm thoroughly disgusted and damn
mad.

Whoooooaa--Slow down here. This is one of those misunderstandings taking on
a life of its own. While I won't defend Crown Mall (or attack them because I
don't know what happened) I will say that they owed everyone a follow up
email or something.

I will however defend John. He is out of town and has been for some time. My
guess is that he called them and told them to take care of everyone and then
left town thinking it was a done deal. I get several hundred emails a day
from the various lists I am on and if I am gone a few days it takes forever
to catch up. John _if he was smart- did not take a machine with him so he
could actually take a vacation.

Then he said
By one way or another I simply mean that I expect that I am going to be
given a delivery date for receipt of the book I ordered a month ago or
conversely some acceptable assurance that my credit card information is not
compromised in any way by the vendor John recommended to us.
> John, please address this issue NOW!!!

Sorry this is where I have to say Give me a @#$#@#$ break. Delivery dates
are for the merchant to give you. As to the Credit Card info me thinks you
are a bit paranoid here.

John tried to do a good thing for the people of the list. If John were back,
I am sure he'd be the first to try to sort this all out. (Last time he got
involved is when you were promised the free book) You aren't paying a damn
thing for the book. He owes you nothing. If he were here I'm sure he would
be doing the things you are demanding on his own---but the people
responsible for the screw up is the vendor. John just tried to help everyone
out.

Kevin Jackson
Triskelian Design
kjacksonattriskelian [dot] com