Subject: Re: FLASH: Organic Flash
From: Marc Hoffman, Poison Dart Frog Media
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2000 20:43:44 GMT

Hi Plato,

I loved the first URL (tothepoint). It's telling that even without knowing
the language I was able to find my way around intuitively. As far as
organic-feeling Flash, I'm a great admirer of Hillman Curtis
(http://www.hillmancurtis.com) for his very efficient and beautiful use of
bitmaps and motion within Flash. More ad-oriented than navigation-oriented,
but if you haven't seen it you should explore his portfolio. BTW, Hillman
regularly instructs at conferences, where he shares all his production
techniques.

-Marc

At 12:08 PM 1/26/00 , you wrote:
> I am curious
>if anyone knows of flash sites that walk the line between the bitmap and
>vector worlds? I am fortunate enough to have recently accepted a job with a
>company whose entire product line is in Flash and want to have my cake and
>eat it too.
>
>Examples of what I'm talking about would be the use of video here
>http://www.tothepoint.fi/flash/index.html (Organic human motion vs. vector
>paths), and sputnik7 dose a nice job http://www.sputnik7.com/ (You don't
>look at it and go "Oh another flash site lets learn how to navagate this
>one" it's a mixture -- I'ts also a good example of the tecnical limitations
>of trying to do both vector and bitmap in the same interface)
>
>Sorry for the rant,
>
>Plato

Marc Hoffman

Poison Dart Frog Media: Specializing in Flash Animation and Digital Audio
Production
Our latest Flash job is on display at <http://www.dartfrogmedia.com/rickfrnd>
See our Flash portfolio at <http://www.dartfrogmedia.com/sampler>
(featured in Flash 3 Web Animation, by Ken Milburn)