Subject: Re: FLASH: NEW PLUGIN RELEASE 4.0r26 DOES NOT WORK EITHER!
From: unique
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2000 00:31:04 GMT

At the exact moment of 2000.01.26.15.10, her/his local time, Cheri Harder
<chericaathome [dot] com> put forth:

> I can't think of a way to compare the sound between versions, at this point,
> but the sound appears to have lots of scratchy background with this version.
> If I knew how to back up a couple versions of the Flash (I mean, get an
> older one installed) I would, to test.

Two points:

(1) I dunno about PCs/IE, but I can tell you that in my Mac/Navigator world, it
would be a matter of quitting your browser, swapping a coupla files in the
Plugins folder, and re-opening your browser.

(2) However, you bring up an interesting point. It seems to me that at least
some Flash developers would care to have at their behest the entire historical
variety of Flash Players, for certain testing purposes. (Such as in this
thread!)

I've suggested this before, on one of these Flash lists, to no avail. Other
software manufacturers are willing to do this; for example, older browser
versions, etc.

Anyone else interested in creating a library of older Flash Players?

(With all my ranting, I failed to actually download The Offending Beast! :-)
Someone willing to email it to me? (One taker only please!) I will definitely
need it for testing, 'cuz I'm building 25/20 sniffers into my work where
necessary.)

TIA,

Ken Sherwood

*zenkat: the Flash trailer*