Subject: RE: [flasher] Rollover problem: How do you do something like this?????
From: Mats Persson
Date: Sun, 21 Jan 2001 11:01:58 -0000

King,

I'm sure the other brainier guys on this list will have another way of doing
this, but here's my Sunday morning version.

Your answer is Variables.

When you click on the button you set a variable (Menu1=extended) and when
you rollout/rollover the button you just check if that variable is empty (IF
Menu1 eq "") then start animation, else you do nothing).

That way you should be able to have it stay open after a release on, and
track it's state on a rollover/rollout easily.

Now there are many ways that you can do all this in, but that's the general
idea.

Apologies for the general nature of this answer, but it's Sunday morning and
my head is not in gear yet :)

As for tutorials, just look at www.flashkit.com or www.were-here.com for
them, I'm certain you'll find something along this way there.

Mats
matsatimediatec [dot] co [dot] uk