Subject: Re: [flasher] How to use loadMovie to position a movie specifically?
From: Helen Triolo
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2001 14:16:08 -0000

Richard,

You can position the loaded movie, but you have to wait it for to be
loaded before doing so. Put a blank frame at the start of the movie to
be loaded (so it doesn't show up in the wrong place while it's loading),
and label the first frame that has actual content "mstart". Then this
code should work:

first frame:
loadMovieNum ("big.swf", 4);

next frame (labelled looper):
if (_level4._framesloaded>=1 && _level4._framesloaded ==
_level4._totalframes) {
gotoAndPlay ("starthere");
}

next frame:
gotoAndPlay ("looper");

next frame (labelled starthere):
_level4._x = 200; // (throw away that Set Property stuff! it's so
F4 :)
_level4._y = 100;
_level4.gotoAndPlay("mstart");
stop(); // if you want the main timeline to stop

Regards,
Helen
i-Technica · http://i-technica.com · 301.424.6037
developer resources: http://i-technica.com/whitestuff