Subject: Re: [flasher] load external text file into flash 5 movie
From: Muzak
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2001 21:22:21 -0000

You'll find the button on the right side, under Actions > loadvariables.

in the left panel it should look like this:

//load variables into level0 (the main timeline)
loadVariablesNum ("your_textfile.txt", 0);

//load variables into MC, instancename = mc_target
loadVariables ("your_textfile.txt", "mc_target");

You can write the action by hand, by clicking on the arrow at the top-right of the actions panel and switch to 'expert mode'
(CTRL+E). You can swithc back and forth between expert and normal mode (CTRL+N).

hth,
Muzak