Subject: Variables
From: Phil Matt
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2001 21:44:48 -0000

Hello! I'm using Flash 4, and am trying to write a simple menu that
not only loads different MC's when a button is pressed, (works fine)
but also sets variables according to which button has been chosen.
The variables in turn control what actions happen when a different
MC is rolled over elsewhere on the page. This is what I did:

When any menu button is pressed, it sets the variable:

Set Variable: "/:textstatus" = "1"

Elsewhere a MC that is present has this code, trying to get the MC
called Text1 to change it's Alpha to full on:

If ("/:textstatus"=1)
Set Property ("/Text1", Alpha) = "100"
End If

I'm pretty sure I don't quite understand how a variable can be set to
that it can be referred to by different elements on the stage. I have
played with the syntax, but so far, no go.

TIA for your suggestions.

--- Phil Matt

Phil Matt Photography
www.philmatt.com