Subject: Re: FLASH: Tracing Bitmaps
From: John Croteau
Date: Fri, 9 Jul 1999 02:23:38 +0100

Hi Gregory,

> But can I bring an existing Bitmap into Flash and convert it to
> vector so I can paint it and resize it and all the cool stuff that
> goes with vector without loosing quality?
That sort of depends on what kind of image it is.
Somethings are better as vectors and some are better as bitmaps.
By converting to vectors you may improve the quality by having more
defined shapes smoother gradients and in other cases you may lose
valuable or slightly valuable detail.

Some images are best composed of vectors and bitmaps.
If you post the image on the web and at what size it will be displayed
we can quickly tell you how to best prepare it for use in Flash.