Subject: Re: FLASH: How to check if frame x of movie in level y is loaded...
From: John Croteau
Date: Sun, 25 Jul 1999 18:21:29 +0100

Hi Markus,

> I'm working on a movie which should be the home page for a web
> site. All pages following the Flash movie are good old HTML. =P
> On the HTML pages, there should be a link back to the menu. Now I
> tried to do a little movie which loads the main movie into level
> 1 and jumps directly to the menu, skipping the intro. Because a
> Go To will fail if the movie wasn't loaded before (in case a
> visitor bookmarked a HTML page and the main movie isn't cached),
> I tried a "If Frame is Loaded" nested in a tell target. But Flash
> tells me that I can't do that. Any ideas how I can check if frame
> x of the main movie was loaded? Or how I can skip the intro
> without breaking apart the main movie?
If I understand you have 2 Flash components one a Splash and one a menu.

Index.htm would load the Splash.swf.
At the end of the splash or a bypass button
would load Menu.swf into level zero (or you could use getURL).
Also, put an If frame is Loaded to prevent replay of the splash.

All links that return to the menu should go to Menu.htm (not Index.htm).
Menu.htm will load Menu.swf directly.