Subject: Re: FLASH: How to check if frame x of movie in level y is loaded...
From: Marc Hoffman (Dart Frog Media)
Date: Sun, 25 Jul 1999 18:20:16 +0100

At 06:25 PM 7/25/99 +0200, you wrote:
>Fellow Flashers,
>
>I'm working on a movie which should be the home page for a web
>site. All pages following the Flash movie are good old HTML. =P
>On the HTML pages, there should be a link back to the menu. Now I
>tried to do a little movie which loads the main movie into level
>1 and jumps directly to the menu, skipping the intro. Because a
>Go To will fail if the movie wasn't loaded before (in case a
>visitor bookmarked a HTML page and the main movie isn't cached),
>I tried a "If Frame is Loaded" nested in a tell target. But Flash
>tells me that I can't do that. Any ideas how I can check if frame
>x of the main movie was loaded? Or how I can skip the intro
>without breaking apart the main movie?

Why not just put it all in one movie and use If Frame Is Loaded to skip
ahead if the whole thing is already in cache? Yes, you can do it as two
movies, but then your second movie has to check itself for If Frame Is
Loaded and communicates back to the first movie to skip ahead; lots harder
and almost nothing to gain if the first movie is small in file size.