Subject: Re: FLASH: Tell Target help
From: Marc Hoffman (Dart Frog Media)
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 1999 17:19:07 +0100

At 09:46 AM 7/26/99 -0700, you wrote:
>If I place a single button on the main timeline and give it the following
>action it works:
>
>Begin Tell Target ("/movies")
> On (Release)
> Go to and Stop ("annotscene")
> End On
>End Tell Target
>
>But I cannot get it to work with the "submenus" or "popup menus". Can anyone
>tell what I have done wrong? I am sure that I have all instances named
>properly and Track as menu items checked. It seems to be in the action
>command since the single button works.

Hi Billie,
We may need to see the .fla to know the problem. But first you can check
your TellTarget paths (just to be sure, try using complete paths, starting
with the forward slash / to designate the main timeline). Also make sure
your button actions are assigned to the button instances on the stage, not
to the button states within symbol edit mode.