Subject: Re: FLASH: MM, why the hassle?!
From: John Dowdell
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 1999 20:58:26 +0100

At 12:33 AM 7/29/99, David Gary Studios wrote:
> Well, since its impossible to find any feedback link or direct support
> e-mail link from MM's website without paying money or giving my credit
> card number, I'll reply here since it seems this public forum is the
> only way to actually contact any warm blooded creature @ Macromedia.

"warm blooded"?

moi!? ;-)

(Seriously, there are multiple paths in to Macromedia, depending on what
you want to do. Although there's not an explicit critiquesatmacromedia [dot] com
address, you can talk with customer service, with support, with any of the
development teams, and with various other groups. For general soapbox work
there's also a bunch of us on the various lists too.)

> I visited "Shockwave.com" and I must say that this is probably one
> of the most awfully designed Flash sites I've seen....

well, that does it [sniffle]... I'm going back to playing the accordion,
this visual design stuff just breaks my heart, goodbye cruel world.... :~(

(Actually, folks here have big bets on this investment. I'm sorry that it
didn't reach your muse directly, but I still hope that others find it to be
more than a little delightful.)

And hey, all, if you haven't done so already, then please *do* download the
new Shockwave 7.02 Player from the new shockwave.com site... if you want,
you can *easily* enable your Flash work for repeat visits, enter the search
engine, persuade visitors to email your URL to friends, even let people
save your pieces for viewing offline if you wish. Consumer FAQs are at the
bottom of the page, and developer resources are available at:
http://www.shockwave.com/devroom/

jd