Subject: Re: FLASH: Re: Flash 5 & QT (is: Flash & Shockwave)
From: Michael@BTW
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2000 21:07:35 +0100

It seems the simplest/most versatile way to do this would be to allow
non-square swfs, so that we could design an swf with a hole or frame around
standard browser content.

I actually created one of these a while back, with 4 separate swfs in tables
surronding a central empty table (where video or other standard html
href/embed tags can go). Gave up on becuase of the difficulty of aligning,
updating, as well as the increase in processor load of running the
Flash-plug w/QT4.

However, the concept seems pretty straight forward (or would be if a single
swf could be created this way), and would allow the simple boxing of embed
tags within a Flash frame.

I did request it on the wish line, however likely it is a difficult idea to
describe in text, and maybe it got lumped with all the other request for swf
to play video (which it actually was not;-).

Michael Penney
See Combat Footage from the West/An Tir War!
http://www.bigtimeweb.com/events/events.html