Subject: <embed> tag doesn't always work in netscape?
From: Betty Bonham
Date: Wed, 24 Jun 1998 19:48:58 +0100

I have a flash.swf on my home page. I copied the javascript from
Macromedia's home page to test for Netscape/IE browsers and do the right
thing. Unfortunately it doesn't work consistently...(some netscape 4.0
browsers have downloaded the plug in, some have just gone straight to the
"else" code and loaded the static page instead of giving the viewer the
plug in option). Anyone know what other things I should be looking for in
my Javascript?

bb
Sight & Sound Software, Inc.
Multimedia Software & WWW development
for Business and Consumer Applications
http://www.sight-n-sound.com/

Betty Bonham, bettybatsight-n-sound [dot] com
voice: 503.531.2855, x6237 fax: 503.531.2856