Subject: Re: Flash3 sounds inconsistencies...
From: Marc Hoffman
Date: Wed, 24 Jun 1998 21:47:45 +0100

At 05:56 PM 6/23/98 -0400, you wrote:
>I have imported a .wav file of a digital typewriter. Ive got it looping to
>save file
>size. It is a little louder than wanted so I simply turned the volumn bars
>down
>in the sound editor in Flash3. Ive also provided a button on the timeline
that

>returns to the animated message holding the looping sound.
>
>Prob is when It returns the sound is back to its full volume!
>What gives MM? Is this a bug?

Is the sound being added to itself? I believe using "event" (rather than
"start")
to begin the sound will avoid it being looped on top of itself. The manual is
mixed up about this. But I've used "event" to loop, and I've used the volume
bars as you have, and it worked fine in a loop controlled by a button. BTW,
I put the button in the loop and put the loop in the main movie. Hope this
helps -- it's a shot in the dark.

PLEASE NOTE my new email address as of 6/24/98:
marchofatjps [dot] net