Subject: FLASH: FlashForward 2000 response?
From: Michael Dunn
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2000 18:31:55 +0100

Sorry, if this has been brought up already, but I just into work and have 930
!!! emails to get through over the next few hours. I just got back from SF and
the FlashForward conference. Anyone else go? Wanted to hear your reactions, etc.
Here's mine: Intense. Lots of information, cool stuff to see, LOTS of people.
Some stuff not quite up to par (the sound discussion was a fiasco) and the 3D
session felt a bit like an infomercial for Swift 3D. And the Flash preview was a
little disappointing - maybe if they'd revealed something about their plans for
scripting!!! But Josh Ulm's actionscripting insights made so much sense, when i
left it was like AHA!!!! Now I get it. And inspired me to get to work on my own
tutorials (keep an eye out here, I'll post when one's ready). I came up with a
very simple solution to using mc's in actionscripting to do ANYTHING!! Very
simple approach. Very easy for non-programmers to understand I think. Really
excited. And the film festival was pretty great (though the winners weren't to
surprising). All in all it would have been nice if there'd been more time
devoted to flash and less to Quicktime, LiveMotion, Real, etc. But I guess
that's politics.

P.S. The response to Live Motion's features seemed a lot more audience-approved
than those planned for the next version on flash in my opinion. I was more
impressed, anyway.

Anyone else have comments?

--
Michael Dunn