Subject: RE: FLASH: FlashForward 2000 response?
From: Justin Everett-Church
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2000 20:30:25 +0100

hi,

while I'm happy that there was a flash conference, I was very disappointed
with it overall. 7 exhibitors upstairs?? that was really sad. there were
plenty more tangential vendors that could have been there. The first day's
workshops were completely useless. From talking to others, they did seem to
be useful to newcomers to Flash, but I thought from reading the site that it
was for Flash developers. Advanced actionscripting suggested to me that they
would skip the "intro actionscripting" and it would be focused on complex
use of actionscripting, not 2 hours on how to make slider bars (1 hour of
which was supposed to be devoted to FS commands).

on the positive side, I liked the hands on workshop from Adobe on
LiveMotion. I liked the director/flash seminar and also Flash printing.

The film festival was strange. ummmm.... Sinbad? that was just weird

what it all boils down to... when asked by my boss how I liked the
conference, I was REALLY embarrassed. they spent $1000 for me to go and all
I could tell him was that I know what some of the upcoming features of Flash
5 are going to be. (pieces of information now available for free on this
list) I feel like I got swindled but my company paid the price.

I apologize if this post annoys anyone. I'm very happy if you got something
out of it. The more people supporting the use of Flash the better. It will
mean more jobs, and more industry acceptance. All of which is a wonderful
wonderful thing

Justin Everett-Church (spelled Chruch on my badge ;) )