Subject: Re: [flasher] Re: Importing a PNG Sequence in Flash 5?
From: Muzak
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2001 02:42:36 -0000

This was just a test for a project I'm currently working on. We have lots of video's that we can use and I was looking into the
option of streaming them in Flash. Yes, files are huge, but I wanted to try it anyway. After doing some tests with slower
connections I decided it's not usable. On a fast connection however it runs fine.
So the movie is 750 frames long, all bitmaps (rather high compressed) and a streaming sound track, with a total of 5 Mb. I used a
preloader that checks for 150 frames, then starts playing. There's nothing else going on, just the 'video'.
With my cable connection it takes about 7 seconds to preload and then starts playing with no stalling. On slower connections it
either takes too long to preload or it doesn't run smooth 'till the end.
If anyone's interested in what I'm talking about:
http://www.muzakdeezign.com/king/samba-flash-jpeg.html
Wouldn't recommend it on a slow connection though :-)

On my PC the CPU usage was about 20% which is alot less then some stuff I've seen lately.
Too bad not everyone has cable yet :-)

Muzak