Subject: [flasher] Can anyone help with a dynamic menu which has 80 (or more) clickable options?
From: harriett ansell
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2001 09:27:18 -0000

I have a Flash5 movie with various menu options, when you choose your
first option this then takes you on to the next menu which has 6
buttons each containing it's own variable and then using a .txt file
I gave each variable it's own value, there are two variables where
the results are displayed when the menu item (button) has been
clicked, this all works fine.

My problem now is that this was just an experiment and the actual
real task is to produce a menu which has 80 different items, now I
don't want the list of 80 to appear altogether which means I need to
make a scroll (max of 6 at a time), which means that I perhaps need
to make all the 80 buttons/variables into one movie, this then seems
to give me problems with the variables not loading, is this to do
with levels? I also realize that having 80 individual buttons isn't
going to help the file size, so maybe I need to just have one button
that doesn't contain it's own variable and then just put the variable
on top in the movie? I understand what I have to do I think, but I'm
finding it difficult to realize, so any help would be greatly
appreciated!

Thanks

Harriett
--