Subject: tracking shareware
From: dave matthews
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2001 16:25:07 -0000

noble list members...

is a .swf file able to request a file of any sort from a server at a
location different from it's source location?
or can the .swf file able to issue any sort of 'ping' or anything we can
use to figure out where it is in use?

our company is about to issue a.swf file as a piece of shareware.
we are trying to figure out how to track end user usage, so we can visit
those sites and see what it is being used for and to generate a 'hit
counter' at our site so our investors can see how successful the
distribution of the shareware is.

thanks in advance for any and all comments re: this effort.

later,

dave matthews