Subject: Re: [flasher] Communicate between movie clips
From: Muzak
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2001 20:01:43 -0000

When published, Scenes no longer excist in the SWF movie. So the main timeline becomes one long timeline of all your scenes 1 after
the other. So, if your first scene has 20 frames, the next scene actually starts at frame 21 - So frame 1 of the second scene
becomes frame 21.

To avoid all this, use frame labels instead of frame numbers. Just name every first keyframe of every scene - something like
"preloader", "main", etc...

_root.gotoAndStop("main");

this will direct the movie to the beginning of scene 2 (assuming you named the first keyframe in scene 2: main)

hth,
Muzak