Subject: Re: [flasher] flasher digest: March 14 (is: mucho PNGs)
From: John Dowdell
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2001 21:19:22 -0000

At 7:54 PM 3/14/1, zefrank wrote:
> Flash 4 allowed for PNG imports in a much more convenient way.
> If you guys don't recognize the setback, so be it.

PNG is the native file format of Fireworks. Macromedia Flash 5 recognizes
this. It asks you if you'd like the bitmap representation, or (if
available) the vector representation.

If you're bringing in hundreds of PNGs at a slot, then that could get
tiresome to okay. (It could also get tiresome to download too, but that's
another issue.)

Would it be nice to offer a "Yes to all" button on there? Sure. Where's the
best place to send such a change-request? wish-flashatmacromedia [dot] com.

At 1:00 PM 3/15/1, Lachlan Hope MacKinven wrote:
> You wouldn't find a car manufacturer removing, say, the cigarette
> lighter from its latest model of car because it was dangerous and
> unnecessary and didn't do what the car manufacturer intended its
> product to do- get someone from A 2 B.

Still, I might gently request that you not employ that automobile as a
helicopter, such was not its intended purpose, and such practices may very
well have undesired side effects. ;-)

jd