Subject: Re: FLASH: Is this Legal
From: Wayne Townsend
Date: Mon, 3 May 1999 22:36:19 +0100

jd,

I applaud this attitude.

It's very refreshing to see a software company take this positive,
unselfish approach. The benefits far outweigh the risks, IMO.

After 20 years in software development, I know that if other dominate
players had taken this attitude in the past, the whole industry would be
much farther along than it is today, it would also be far healthier, and
the wealth would be much less centralized, which is better for everybody.

While it may appear to some that the people creating these tools are
directly competing with MM, the truth is that they are helping to solidify
the format as the industry standard.

This is long-term thinking, and it's nice to see. Makes me very glad I got
into Flash when I did.

ATB,

/w

Only 8 months left until the year 2000.