Subject: Re: AW: FLASH: Site Check please
From: Kevin Darbro
Date: Thu, 27 May 1999 17:14:42 +0100

Tewesathbg [dot] dpa [dot] de wrote:

> Hi Kevin,
> thanks for your comments on my graphics. Just to answer your question about
> the growing paths: I tried to manage this with masks and shape-tweening, it
> won´t work with irregular forms like these (maybe you know a better way??).
> I had to draw the path, cut pieces frame by frame and then revert the
> frames. Neat work, but it works pretty good.

I found the same thing. That frame by frame works best for irregular paths. I
originally "drew" the States for the Plant Locations section of
http://www.towerco.com, and discovered that shape tweening and masking were
difficult to get to work the way I wanted, so I went the frame by frame path
way as well. Didn't end up using it, but it was a worthwhile experiment.
Maybe someone else has a better way.

- Kevin Darbro
http://www.intrex.net/kdarbro/html/art.htm